The Norvik Story
The Norvik story began in 1948 just a short walk from Grimsby’s thriving fishing port and at the very centre of the UK’s fish industry. Using a traditional recipe and local fish, we were the first to produce the delicious Grimsby fish cake which is still part of our product range today.
Since those early days, we’ve continued to improve and expand our range, using the best quality ingredients, adopting modern processing techniques and embracing emerging food trends. We wholeheartedly believe in sustainability, make all our fish cakes and shanties in house and work hard to ensure the highest possible standards.
Today, we are proud to produce both our own range of delicious products as well as branded ranges for our customers. Our skilled team and personal approach mean we can work closely with clients to create unique recipes and products to help add value to your range.
We’re A Friendly Bunch
Brendan McIntyre (FIFST)
Edwina Wood (FMAAT)
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Fisheries standard.
Norvik is proud to be certified to the MSC and ASC Fisheries Standards, a certification that is only achieved following a robust, transparent and thorough assessment. The MSC standard is recognition of our high standards and confirmation that:
- We use sustainably sourced fish
- Our fish has been fished in a way that minimises the environmental impact
- Our operations are well managed and compliant
MSC Number: MSC-C-58165 ASC Number: ASC-C-02839
Safe and Local Supplier Approval (SALSA) standard
Norvik is also proud to hold the SALSA standard, a robust and effective food safety certification scheme that demonstrates that:
- We operate to standards that are recognised and accepted across the industry and exceed the minimum standards expected by enforcement authorities
- We produce and supply safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the requirements of the SALSA standard